Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Joy of Recreating

I love it when I get an original idea and I just can't wait to try it out. I quickly become obsessed with the NEED to buy supplies or dig through old stuff I have in order to make it happen. Dan has seen this first hand and I think he gets a little afraid of my obsessions sometimes. Sometimes though, I have a hard time taking an original idea and continuing to improve it and transform it. I'm afraid to buy a house that was built in the 1970's cause I won't have any idea how to make it look cool rather than old and outdated. But today I was looking at my website on Etsy and searching other peoples sites and I had a revelation. I had been struggling with my craft because I felt like all the different pieces didn't have a common thread, but something clicked today and my juices started to flow and I'm hoping that eventually my work will start to look like it came from the same person! So here I go to the sewing machine to see if I can turn my original ideas into something even more cohesive, even more united.... even MORE original.

No comments:

Post a Comment