Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My first posting... a little about me.

I make baby items and sell them on etsy and I don't even have a child! Well not yet anyway, but don't lose faith in me yet! I did grow up in a family of six kids and I was the second oldest, first girl, so I've been around babies and kids my whole life.
My idea for Practical Baby stemmed from one idea I had for a leak proof picnic blanket matched with my frustrating ability to become completely obsessed with an idea once presented. That idea was that my husband and I would start trying to have a baby sometime this year. Once the seed was planted I simply went insane reading everything I could about all the things I would need to buy for a baby. I read up on what to expect when pregnant, the first year, and all the must have baby gadgets and I still wasn't satisfied. Then I had the idea that I really could make a lot of the things that a baby needs on my own. Then I combined the idea for my leak proof picnic blanket with my obsession with babies and got the practical play mat idea. As a substitute teacher that wasn't working too much I decided I would try my hand at creating my baby product ideas and see if I could sell them. So that's how I got here!
Check me out at http://www.practicalbaby.etsy.com/

Sadly the practical play mats are no longer available for the U.S due to the CPSIA restrictions, but I've got an order for some new fabric in so they will be back soon! I mean really, what's Practical Baby without the practical play mat?

No comments:

Post a Comment